Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for one year or more to Samaritan's Purse.
- Samaritan's Purse sells your securities and uses the proceeds Where Most Needed or to support the program you designate.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
Attn: Donor Ministries
P O Box 3000
Boone, NC 28607
(828) 262-1980 | Fax: (828) 268-5010